Farm Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Farm Insurance Information
Farming and agribusiness operations in Iowa are commonplace. However, every farm’s insurance needs are unique. That’s why you need an insurance company that understands the risks of your farm. Shankland Insurance, Charles City’s trusted insurance advisor, is here to help. Contact our agency today to learn more about farm insurance and get your quote.
What Is Farm Insurance?
Farm insurance isn’t just one specific policy you can buy to gain all the insurance protections your farm may need. It refers to the many types of insurance policies a farm needs to be appropriately protected against its various risks.
Many farmers choose numerous types of insurance coverage, including:
- General liability insurance may give your farm the needed protection from any claims, including bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and others that result from your operations.
- Crop insurance can help reimburse you for your losses if a disaster strikes, such as a tornado, wildfire or flood destroys crops.
- Livestock insurance is multifaceted. You can purchase specific coverage, such as livestock transit or auction market coverage. You can also buy insurance for particular animals, such as poultry coverage or pasture and dairy cattle coverage. In addition, you can purchase mortality insurance for animals with an exceptionally high value to their farm, such as a stud.
- Farm equipment insurance helps reimburse farmers for certain losses and damages to their machinery (e.g., tractors, irrigation equipment, trailers, combines).
- Workers’ compensation insurance is necessary if your farm employs workers. Otherwise, you may have to pay for your injured employees’ medical expenses and lost wages.
- Equine insurance—Horses are often valuable for farm operations, and a single loss might be expensive; this coverage may insure your horses against death, injuries and other hazards.
- Farm auto insurance—If you use vehicles for your farm’s operations, you may need coverage to protect these items against damage or other losses.
- Farm dwelling insurance—If you live on your farm, this policy might provide coverage for your home.
- Farm liability insurance—Your operations could cause bodily injuries or property damage to staff and clients. This coverage may help repay them for their losses.
- Farm structures insurance—This coverage may provide coverage for structures on your farm, including barns, grain silos and other properties.
- Farm umbrella insurance—An umbrella insurance policy might help protect against liability claims exceeding the limits set on your other liability policies.
How To Get Farm Insurance
Getting the farm insurance you need shouldn’t be complicated. Contact Shankland Insurance today to get started. One of our agents will help you identify your farm insurance needs and discuss your available insurance solutions.